Sunday at the Market

DSC04859I love going to the farmer’s market, it’s my Sunday morning ritual. I make pancakes and then drag the family out to the market at 8 am to beat the heat. This morning there was lots of yummy treats. We bought the following:

• melon
  • zucchini
  • Armenian cucumber
  • peaches
  • apricots
  • onions
  • eggplants
  • eggs
  • handmade tortillas

Happy Sunday everyone!

This entry was posted in Cooking and Food, Life Notes. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Sunday at the Market

1. It looks like you scored lots of wonderful things!! Those eggplants are gorgeous!! I’m totally impressed with any family that can get themselves out of the house by 8 am. Especially on a Sunday!!! : )

~ Wendy

2. I love our trips to the market too. We usually head out on Saturday’s but lately I am finding I don’t need to, everything that is at the market, we have in the garden. I am sure though that the farmers will have some tomatoes very soon, a week or two before mine are ready, so I will be going back soon :)

I am hoping one day to be able to to do just that. I think this fall and next spring and summer will be steady and stable and we will be able to grow enough food that we won’t have to go to the market or our natural foods store. I have big dreams of food self sufficiency! But you know that.

3. Yanic A. says:

We love our farmer’s market visits… we have our favorite stalls, our favorite people : They know us by name, we share about our weeks. We share recipes, it’s a great experience not only for us but the kids. To have a relationship with the people that produce their food. What could be better?

Enjoy your yummies! xo

That’s so wonderful to hear! We do the same thing. Most of the vendors are the same since we started going to the market and so they all know my girls since they were in the womb. :)

4. amanda says:

our market here is May thru October~ it is essentially the social event of the week in our little town and it’s a highlight of my weeks during that time and missed so much the rest of the year! this Saturday it was cucumbers, pickled green beans, a buckwheat/apricot croissant, and some dark chocolate with sea salt in my bag! yumyumyum. those apricots look delicious.

Sounds so fun! I would imagine that in small town it would be really lovely way to see people each week. Dark chocolate with sea salt be still heart! :)

5. Cordelia says:

Beautiful! I need to get back into the market habit. I’ve been trying to just eat what we grow, between us and my inlaws…but I think I have to admit to myself that it’s just not totally happening. XO

I have that dream of one day not shopping at the market or the store for produce. But seeing as my garden is not yet a garden it’s the best I can do. It takes a huge amount of energy to grow all the food you eat. :) If only people could understand that.