The Weekend

DSC04833DSC04837DSC04838Our weekend was filled with being outside. Our first art session outside: them on paper and I painting the workshop windows and doors.  Organizing, painting, planning, and drawing out garden lines in the sand. It was also a holiday and for the occasion I made honey marshmallows.

I am so darn busy these days setting down roots in our house. Everyday I wake up with renewed excitement about chores and projects and every evening I go to bed feeling like I’ve really done something productive.

Oh yes we got rain and lots of it!! Yippie for monsoon season.

How was your weekend?

This entry was posted in Life Notes, Photographic Thoughts. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The Weekend

Looks like some serious art is going on there!

2. Love the colour you used for the workshop, such a great pop of colour!

3. Great to follow you here dear friend! You all look very happy and busy, thinking of you!
    Hugs
    Kat

4. honey marshmallows?!!? tell me how to do this!

I used honey, gelatin, vanilla extract and water. You basically make a simple syrup from the honey and water when it is about turn to candy you add the vanilla and add the syrup it to the hydrated gelatin and whip it for 12-15 minutes until it’s light and fluffy. Then you put pour it into a container like a baking dish and allow it out to dry overnight. We ate them after only four hours but they were way better the next day!

5. karen says:

I cannot believe you made those marshmallows!! I love your new house and the area the kids can play– home sweet home!!

Thanks! We’ve only just begun with the playspace. We have to pace ourselves a bit as funds are necessary for some serious building. The marshmallows are so easy to make and really tasty!

6. sylvia says:

Oh, we love art making outdoors as well. Our summers are not very reliable and relatively short, so we spend every possible moment out of doors. Today there’s rain, but the forecast for the rest of the week looks promising. Have a lovely day!

I would imagine that in northern Europe it would be harder to be outside all the time. Here we are outside practically all day now. When it’s not too hot that is. These huge trees we have though really help alot! Glad to know you’ve got sun coming up this week!