In My Garden

{In my garden is a weekly theme in which I share with you the progress of my vegetable garden. If you would like to join in please feel to share a link to your post or Flickr or Instagram images. Let’s inspire each other to grow food! }

DSC03946 DSC03945 DSC03944 DSC03942 DSC03941 DSC03940 DSC03939 DSC03937 DSC03936

Oh my, what happened between last week and this week! Those peas are really taking off and so are the radishes. I’ve done a little peaking to see the swelling tap roots and my mouth is already salivating thinking about that first peppery bite!

Into the ground today went some of the summer and winter squash seedlings. I know it sounds mad to those of you buried in two feet of snow but here it’s getting warm already so time to get those plants in the ground.

Already I feel I am running out of space. Time to buy some pots!

The tomatoes are coming along nicely in their little paper pots as well as the herbs and peppers.

I will say though I have seen some evidence of critters at work. Some tiny creature, possibly little grass hoppers are eating some not all but some radish leaves.

On another fun note I found out through much online forum research that I can indeed have chickens in this area of town. Now to check with the rental agency! I think I will bribe her with fresh eggs! That works right? :) If all goes well we’ll have a flock coming to us in the fall. They recommend starting flocks in the fall here so the young birds won’t have to acclimate to the heat of the summer as they are growing.

Sidenote: I was over at Mud Puddles to Meteors yesterday talking about a local hike we have here in Tucson.

This entry was posted in Garden. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to In My Garden

Oh how wonderful! I do hope you’re allowed!

2. Looks great KC! And how wonderful about the chickens…fresh eggs is always a great bribe :)

3. Dawn Suzette says:

It is all looking so fresh and green and wonderful!
    Crossing my fingers for chickens!
    Thanks again for sharing over on Mud Puddles!

4. aimee says:

Looking great! Love how much everything has grown

5. It looks wonderful, KC. So nice to see some life starting to sprout.

Here’s the funny thing too, sprouts of random veggies are coming up all over the place now. I planted some carrots seeds from Lisa Coffee and a tomato seed got in there and now I have a thriving tomato plant in my pot of carrots. :)

6. Lisa Coffee says:

Seedlings – they’re so full of promise!
    and chickens…fun, fun! And easy, really. We found a man via craigs list who makes coops – cheaper (and faster) than we could have done it. Maybe you’ll find someone in your area too.

7. Wonderful to see how your garden is coming along, especially since it’s still so wintry here. Looking forward to hearing about your chicken adventures :-)

It’s hard to imagine it being winter somewhere else. The weather we are having it totally abnormal for this time of year. This is our coldest month normally. Last year we had a blizzard!

8. Cordelia says:

congrats on the chickens!!!!! great news! And….I want to link up with on this sometime. fun!
    XO

9. fingers crossed for you on the chickens!

I love a community where the pronouncement that you might be getting chickens leads to lots of congratulations and well wishes! I have found the right place! :)